Saturday, January 24, 2015

What Are the Benefits of Drinking Kombucha Tea?




People who have seen a Kombucha SCOBY and how kombucha tea is made always ask me, "Why do you drink that? It looks disgusting!". I always answer them. "I know, Kombucha SCOBYs can look fugly. They can look like human flesh, or maybe chicken. But I drink them because of the benefits and because it's yummy." And, they always end up asking, "What are the benefits of Kombucha?"

The Benefits of Kombucha Tea

Kombucha tea has a lot of benefits according to many sources such as Food Renegade amd Dr. Axe. Some others claim it to be the Magical Health Elixir. But today, I'm not going to tell you the benefits of Kombucha tea as stated by these websites and personalities, instead I'm going to tell you about the benefits that I've personally experienced since I've started drinking booch.
  1. Less sugar cravings: Before I discovered Kombucha, I used to always have sugar cravings. I bake, so you can expect me to bake cookies or experiment on a new pie recipe regularly. But since I started drinking Kombucha, I've noticed that I don't crave for sweets anymore, even when it's the time of the month.
  2. No more soda: I'd like to think that I'm not a big soda drinker. I used to drink half a glass per day or every two days (Is that enough or too much?). I don't think that's too much. But I'm also not a big water drinker, so that worries me. Since I came to love Kombucha tea, I don't drink soda anymore. This week, I've only had half a glass. 
  3. More energy: I'm a morning person, so I wake up early. I like this because in the morning, I can focus and accomplish many tasks. However, I always feel sleepy by the time it turns 11:30 am!!! I don't like depriving myself of sleep, so I always give in to it and it's not good because my 15 minute-nap would turn to an hour. Since I've been drinking Kombucha, I'm proud to say I don't take 1 hour "naps" now and I feel more energized.
  4. More water: As I've mentioned above, I'm not a big water drinker. I can go on the day with coffee and a glass of water. Drinking Kombucha makes my throat feel dry, so I always follow it with a glass of water.
  5. Better sleep: I don't know about you and the others who say Kombucha tea keeps them up all night, because I get good nights sleep since I started drinking it. Drinking coffee when it's not morning makes me feel lethargic and sleepy. So since Kombucha tea contains caffeine, I thought I would get better sleep if I drink it before going to bed and it worked! If you're the type of person who has a hard time sleeping after drinking caffeinated drinks, I suggest not drinking booch before bed time.
  6. Helps with bowel movement: I don't want to explain this more, because I'm sure you get it. :)
These are the benefits that I've noticed since I've started drinking Kombucha. Not a long list, compared to the list of other people and websites since I am talking about my experience. If you want to start brewing your own Kombucha tea at home, you can always order from us through the Kombucha Philippines Facebook Page or leaving a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment